September 17, 2013

Vlog: A Bookshelf Tour of Eleanor's Room



I filmed a video of Eleanor's bookshelves! First I filmed it with myself in it, but it was uber awkward. So, I refilmed it, shooting only the bookshelves. You still have to hear my awkward, pregnant, heavy breathing... but trust me, it's way better.

It was fun to show off my little book makeover though - I love her bookshelves now! That's mostly why I filmed this, because I thought some of you might want to try this with your kid books.

Last but not least, here's a list of the books and authors I mention in the video. Some of them I've blogged about before - so I linked to earlier reviews. But obviously, I've been spacing some authors - how have I never blogged about the Chronicles of Narnia or the Jellybeans?!

Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis 
Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper
Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Nancy Drew
Bobbsey Twins
Robin Kane
Trixie Belden
Happy Hollisters
Louisa May Alcott
Five Little Peppers by Margaret Sidney
Green Knowe books by L.M. Boston
Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander
Lurlene McDaniel
Felicia Cartwright
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The Borrowers
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle
Katie John
Accidental Detectives series by Sigmund Brouwer
Little House on the Prairie
Eleanor Estes
Hitty by Rachel Field
Four Story Mistake by Elizabeth Enright 
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
Sandra Boynton
Maisy books by Lucy Cousins
Jamberry
Richard Scarry
Dr. Seuss
Curious George
Little Bunny Follows His Nose
Clara Beaton's Mother Goose Remembers*
The Jellybeans

How do YOU organize kids' books?

P.S. I forgot to say this: but the other 2/3 of our picture books are now in boxes on Eleanor's closet shelf, and I rotate them.

P.P.S. Want to watch my other bookish vlogs? Check out my Bedroom Book Tour and The Bookcase at the Bottom of the Stairs.

*This one is a link to the Barefoot Books site to purchase this book. I LOVE this one, and highly recommend it. All other links are links to my own blog posts.