August 21, 2012

Musings: Moving, Vampires, and a Question for You!

My nephew making a move on me!
I had an extremely busy weekend. Eleanor and I went up to help my sister and her family unpack in their apartment, and then loaded up my brother and sister-in-law and their six day old baby, and moved them up to Flagstaff.

It was nuts, and I'm tired. But it was fun at the same time - one of those great occasions when being the oldest of five is super useful. Although it was really funny Saturday night, when we got back to my parents' house, having taken one sister to the airport, and left three family members in Flagstaff. Eleanor looked around (at the eight of us still there), and said, "Where did everybody go?"

Due to the craziness, there was not a lot of reading. I managed to listen to a decent chunk of Dracula on audio though. (I can't believe I've never read it - I'm really enjoying it!) And I read a bit more of Murder in the Rue Dumas , to review for Shelf Awareness next month.

But - while we were driving up to Flag, my mother and youngest brother and I had a debate which we could not settle: what do you call a set of four books? Quadrilogy? Tetralogy? Quartet? Or should I just refer to the Cinder "series", and skip the awkwardness all together? Funnily enough, I've had this conversation several times now, with different friends and family members. So I think it's time to settle it once and for all.

What DO you call a set of four books?