August 5, 2013

Crazily enough...

Taking my baby to work.
Assorted photos of our bookstore-workin' days. E was pretty fast on a 10 key!
Quirky Bookworm is almost two years old! I started it at the end of August in 2011, right after quitting my job. It's crazy to think that was already two years ago!

Instead of doing a whole "blogiversary" week this year, I'm just gonna pop in a retrospective post here and there.

Today I thought I'd share my top 10 most popular posts. Obviously the older ones have a bit more of a chance, since they've had more time to be seen, but some of the ones that made the cut really surprise me.

  1. Favorite Board Books. This post has more than double the pageviews of any of my others. I find this rather inexplicable, since it's a fairly standard round-up of what Eleanor and I were reading at the time. I mean it did have a giveaway, but that closed two years ago! So weird.
  2. Announcing the 2013 Classics Catch-Up Challenge! (Insert embarrassed face here.) I'm sure that this one has so many hits because I linked to it in all my other Classics Challenge posts.
  3. Love of Reading: The Book I Can't Stop Recommending. I didn't even write this post; but obviously everyone liked what they heard Anne Bogel say when she guest-posted during Love of Reading Week this year.
  4. The 10 Best Books I've Read So Far in 2012. My mid-year round-up for 2012. People love a good list, right?
  5. A Bookwormy Vacation (Including my Top 10 Things to Do / See in Seattle). Apparently people are really into Seattle - this post is only six weeks old.
  6. What I Read in 2012 (with Pie Charts! and Bar Graphs!). Yup, people definitely love a good list. Especially if there are lots of dorky statistics, apparently.
  7. 5 Reasons Why to Get Rid of Books. I have a feeling that I'm not the only bookworm who sometimes gets overwhelmed by the number of books in my house, judging by how often Google sends people to this post.
  8. What Darkness Brings by C.S. Harris. Oh Sebastian St. Cyr, of course people want to read a review of any book featuring you!
  9. 31 Days of Awesome Kids' Books. The opening post in my 31 Days series last October. (Oh and incidentally, no 31 Days series from me this year. Unless maybe it's 31 Days of Cute Pictures of My Newborn.)
  10. Love of Reading: Books You're Embarrassed to Admit You Love. Again, a post that wasn't written by me! But I think everyone could relate to Alyce's admission of books she loves, but is sometimes hesitant to recommend.
Fellow bloggers - any of your posts get surprising traffic?