October 24, 2015

31 Days of Book Pics - Day 24 - Audiobooks



You guys know that I love audiobooks. I wrote a whole post on why you should be reading them. Here are a handful of audiobooks I've loved recently.

  • Bill Bryson's books are great on audio. They're enjoyable and fascinating nonfiction, and he does a pretty good job narrating for an author. (Usually I like professional narrators much better.)
  • I love anything narrated by Rebecca Lowman. She does all of Rainbow Rowell's books, and they're so good. 
  • Celebrities who perform their own memoirs are also super fun. I've enjoyed books by Martin Short, Amy Poehler, Martin Sheen, and Cary Elwes - but my favorites are Rob Lowe's books. Stories I Only Tell My Friends is especially great.
  • Other favorite narrators - Jim Dale, Simon Vance, Orlagh Cassidy, Caroline Lee. 
  • Other authors whose books make for addicting audiobooks - Kate Morton, Tana French, Marissa Meyer, Liane Moriarty, Robin Hobb.

This is Day 24 of my 31 Days of Book Pics series for 2015. I'd love it if you'd play along on Instagram and Twitter by posting a bookish picture each day of October. Don't forget to hashtag your photos with #31bookpics so that I can find them! Click the image below to find the whole series!