I've been itching for a Harry Potter re-read ever since I bought the illustrated edition of the first book at Christmastime. And since the "eighth book" (the script for the play of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child) will be coming out in July, it seems like the perfect time for a summer readathon!
So during June and July I'll be re-reading Harry Potter, and posting about it online with the hashtag #HarryPotterthon16. I'd love for you to join me!
If you'd like to join in, leave a comment on this post by 6/30/16. Then at the end of July, anyone who commented on this post, and shared something on social media with the #HarryPotterthon16 hashtag, will be entered into a drawing for a $15 Amazon gift card (to be applied toward the purchase of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, if you so desire!).
This is a really low pressure readathon - no weekly or monthly check-ins, and I'm not following a super specific schedule.
But roughly, it'll go like this:
- First week - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Second week - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Third week - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Fourth week - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- First 10 days - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Middle 10 days - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Last 10 days - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
We'll also be discussing the books in the YA Book Club Hangout if you'd like to join us.
Just a reminder - you are 100% free to use the #harrypotterthon16 hashtag and jump in whenever. But, if you want to be entered in the $15 Amazon giveaway, you have to leave a comment on this post by 6/30/16 AND share the readathon on social media.
Woohoo! Happy reading! I'm hoping to read the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone with Eleanor tomorrow.