July 29, 2012

Six Years Later



I joked that Noel beat me into marrying him, but my bruises were due to a bridal stress spazz-out. (I slammed my own arm in a car door two days before the wedding.) It makes me smile ruefully every time I look at our wedding pictures. I also can't get over how young Noel looks. I mean, obviously he was young, but still - I'm so used to glasses and facial hair these days that he looks like a baby here!

I'm queuing this post up ahead of time, because to celebrate our anniversary we are sneaking away for a weekend in Phoenix. We dropped Eleanor off with my mom on our way up, so here's hoping that the two nights apart (the longest we've ever been away from her) were successful!

I'm taking Deborah Crombie's And Justice There is None, Taylor Steven's The Informationist, Gabrielle Hamilton's Blood, Bones and Butter, and Elswyth Thane's Dawn's Early Light along as reading material. I won't have time to read all of them, but I want to provide myself with a little variety.

What are you reading? Any other bridal spastics out there?