February 14, 2013

Love of Reading: Valentines and YOUR Posts, Linked Up

Happy Valentine's Day! Eleanor and I have been up to some fun in the last few days. Here's a video of some valentines we assembled for her "boyfriends". (As she informed me, they're her friends and they're boys. She also has lots of girlfriends.)




If you like Quirky Bookworm on Facebook, you already saw a picture of the cookies we made. Yum, yum, yum.

Oh and if you don't celebrate Valentine's Day? It's Arizona Statehood Day! Happy 101 years Arizona. Which makes me realize that my dad, who was born in 1960, was born in a state less than 50 years old. He's older now than Arizona was then! Crazy.

Anyway, as for the bookish part of Valentine's Day, today wraps up Love of Reading Week 2013. I loved the posts that Alyce, Leigh, Nikki, and Anne shared - thanks so much to all of you! (If any of you readers missed any of their posts, you can find all the Love of Reading posts here.)

If you're looking for some good lovey-dovey reads for tonight, check out my list of books about love.  I wrote that for Valentine's Day last year - I think this year I'd add The Scorpio Races and The Secret Keeper.

And now - I want YOUR recommendations! 
What books do you love? 
Why do you love reading? 
Got any favorite romances?

Link up below -- the linky will be open for a whole week, so you have plenty of time to write something up. And thanks so much for all the comments in the last few days - you made Love of Reading Week 2013 awesome.