April 24, 2013

I Made Cupcakes!

I think in the last week I've read for 1.5 hours. In a whole week! And that 1.5 hours was dedicated to a Jo Nesbo book that technically I should've already finished and reviewed about 4 days ago. Oops.

The problem is that I got totally sidetracked by Eleanor's birthday. (She turned 3 on Monday). Because my second-favorite thing to do is bake (which is why my old blog was called the Bibliophile Baker).

So I ruthlessly abandoned my books for flour and sugar and made some Monsters, Inc inspired cupcakes. I used the basic buttercream and yellow cake recipes from America's Test Kitchen, and they're rather delectable; plus ridiculously cute (if I do say so myself).

Monsters, Inc Birthday Party

Eh, let's face it, I wanna show off the whole thing. Here's a pic of the main party. (We had a pool party for her friends on Friday. Then Monday night we invited the family over for dinner and those Monster cupcakes). You can see more of the pool party here.

Monsters, Inc Birthday Party

I had a lot of fun putting everything together. And Eleanor seemed to have a lot of fun at both parties. Although she told me this morning that she needs to have one more party because she's three. Ha! Better discourage that notion long before she hits age seven or eight. 

But I'm hoping to hop back on the book bandwagon today, because Insurgent finally came in at the library, hooray! I'm making myself be a good little book reviewer and finish the Nesbo first, but then YA gluttony, here I come.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

What are you reading/baking?