January 27, 2016

What's Your Y.A. Heroine Name?

What's Your YA Heroine Name?

I ducked around a corner and into an alley, my heart pounding, as a Security Officer marched by on patrol. The dilapidated remains of the tall building at the end of the alley caught my eye, and I wondered for the thousandth time what it was like to live Before. 


Just then, I heard someone hiss my name. "Ambrosia!" I turned to see my best friend Koelaria Keder beckoning to me, with a worried expression on her olive-skinned face.
------
I'm currently reading Red Queen, which is actually pretty good. But it does make me laugh at how the YA checkboxes keep getting ticked off one by one.
  • Girl who seems talentless suddenly discovers she holds a secret.
  • Girl loves a cute green-eyed boy from her childhood.
  • Girl meets a new, very attractive boy that she can't stop thinking about.
  • Girl rapidly becomes the Future of the Nation.
  • Girl must work with the Bad People to protect her family.
  • Girl is torn between Green Eyed Boy and New Boy.
Anyway, in honor of the many many YA trilogies I've read (and don't get me wrong! I love them!), I thought I would make a "What's Your Y.A. Heroine Name?" meme. The first names were inspired by flowers, and the last names all mean strong/strength/warrior in assorted languages... since strong flower seemed like an appropriate sort of name for this sort of heroine.

I'd be Ambrosia Takeo, which has a nice ring to it. And Eleanor figured out that she'd be Koelaria Keder, so I included her name in my little fake story.


What would YOUR YA heroine name be?


If you like YA Lit, be sure to check out my list of 57 Fantastic, Imaginative, and Dystopian YA Novels. And please, feel free to share this meme on Facebook or Pinterest, so that more people can play along!