January 29, 2016

It's Finally Friday! Links and Things

  • I got the most awesome belated birthday present from a friend who knows me too well. It's a Harry Potter coloring book, and erasable colored pencils (which I didn't even know existed!). SO fun.
  • On The List App, I shared another series of Juliet's Bookish Naps. I just can't stop taking pics of her sleeping with books! I bet I have 30 or 40 of them now.
  • Anne Bogel of Modern Mrs. Darcy has started a new podcast, What Should I Read Next? wherein she does literary matchmaking. Anne's first guest was Jamie Golden from The Popcast (which is my second favorite podcast), and she recommended that Jamie try Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. I bought Bel Canto about six months ago, because Audible was having a sale, and I love all the Ann Patchett books I've ever read. I haven't gotten to it yet, but based on the fact that I love the other books Jamie mentioned loving, I'm going to move Bel Canto several levels up the TBR pile.
  • I've been having even more fun than I thought I would with the RTFEBC. Eleanor and I finished The Year of Miss Agnes, which she loved, and Juliet is now so obsessed with "Arcatic" books that we checked out some more from the library. I read The Snow Child on my own too, and because of getting inundated with all this Alaskan awesomeness, I caught myself researching Alaskan cruises the other day...
  • I loved this list of Fun Nonfiction from Kim of Sophisticated Dorkiness, plus there are lots more great recommendations in the comments. I need more fun nonfiction in my life, so I'm going to check some of these out.  
  • I'd been thinking I should read Uprooted by Naomi Novik for a while, I just hadn't gotten around to it. But this review by Jill of Rhapsody in Books made me go request it at the library immediately!
  • And finally, how cute is this adorable sibling pic from the Pima County Library? So sweet! 

Got any fun bookish links for me?