February 2, 2016

January Reading Wrap-Up



Whoops, it's already February. But better late than never to check back in on my January reading plan! Here are the books I did and didn't read.



The Opposite of Everyone by Joshilyn Jackson

Did I actually read it? Yes!
Why: To review for Shelf Awareness. (So good - 5 stars!)



Betty Boo by Claudia Pineiro

Did I read it? Yes!
Why: For review. And to help my Latin American book stats this year. I ended up being surprised how much I enjoyed it, in spite of its slightly silly title.




I'm Traveling Alone by Samuel Bjork

Did I read it? No.
Why not: I ran out of time. I still might get to it. Maybe? Seems a little doubtful though.




Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling 

Did I read it? Yes!
Why: Honestly, I don't really know. Why did I finish this? It was meh.




Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming

Did I read it? Yes!
Why: It was super good. I need another great audiobook like this one. (Although full disclosure - he details some of the abuse he endured at the hands of his father, and those parts were difficult to listen to.)





Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Did I read it? Yes!
Why: It finally came in at the library. And it was pretty good!




In Arctic Waters by Laura Crawford


Did I read it? Yes!
Why: For the RTFEBC.

I'm so excited! I actually read 6/7 of the books I planned to read. In addition to those, I also read The Rule of Four, Wildflower, Fates and Furies, Fool's Assassin, The Year of Miss Agnes, and The Snow Child. I didn't like the first two very much, I have mixed feelings about Fates and Furies, and I really enjoyed the last three - more on those soon.


What did YOU read last month