August 25, 2013

A Booklover's Problems and Cleaning Later


Keep Reading and Clean Later
Found on Pinterest! Can't find original pin, sorry.

Happy Sunday!

I formed a new Candy Crush addiction... which means that my only "reading" in the last couple of days has been listening to an audiobook while I play. But, in related news, I'm loving Philippa Gregory's The Boleyn Inheritance on audio.

While I'm busily changing the time on my phone to sneakily get new lives early (yes, I am THAT addicted), check out these fun bookish links.
  • I adore Buzzfeed's list of 17 Problems Only Book Lovers Will Understand. I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one who pretends dead characters are sometimes alive. (#7) And yep, #14 is what's killing me right now. (Emerald Green, I'm so impatient!)
  • If you happen to want to look like Nancy Drew, check out this Tumblr, which has handy style guides to help you dress like her.
  • If Disney Princesses Had Instagram is more movie-related, although one of the fake Instagrams is of Belle's library, and we all know how I feel about that. I was cracking up at some of the hashtags below the photos.
  • This list of 10 Epic Books Every Man Must Read seems kind of random to me. And really, I feel like a lot of guys I know wouldn't read most of them.
  • I updated my Books Read in 2013 google map. It's not Eurocentric at all. Not even a little bit...
  • Speaking of things that need updated... do you remember long, long ago when I used to do the History by Threes posts? I've done the Civil War, Colonial New England, and Tudor England. I'm 2/3 of the way on two other (very close) historical eras - the American Revolutionary War, or Revolutionary France. I have a nonfiction and a kids' pick for the Revolutionary War, and I've been debating just using Dawn's Early Light for the post. But I'm curious - any other recommendations for good Revolutionary fiction? And for France, I'm looking for a kids' book. 
Thanks for your help! 

What fun bookish things have you found lately?