October 9, 2013

What I'm Waiting For: Babies and Library Holds


The aerial view of the area formerly known as my "lap".

While I still wait impatiently for this baby's arrival (sigh). I thought I'd share about the other things I'm waiting for - the books I've requested from the library!

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. 163 of 258 holds on 34 copies. It's looking like this one will make the 2014 reading list instead of the 2013... But a really good book early in the new year is always nice.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth. 157 of 239 holds on 0 copies. Yes, the waitlist is that long for a book that isn't even in the library system yet! Argh.

One Summer: America: 1927 by Bill Bryson. 12 of 57 holds on 21 copies. Yippee! I feel like it's been so long since the last new Bill Bryson.

A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh. 1 of 1 holds on 2 copies. Given my recent Agatha Christie craze, I decided I should branch out to classic mystery writers I haven't read yet... which somewhat bizarrely includes Ngaio Marsh and Dorothy Sayers (I know, I know, and I call myself a mystery lover!).

A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters. 1 of 1 holds on 7 copies. For my oh-so-neglected BFF Book Challenge with Meghan. I'm hoping she'll extend the deadline for me... perhaps till June 2014? 

Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier. 33 of 49 holds on 0 copies. I just clicked cancel on this hold though. I got several Amazon gift cards as baby gifts, and I decided that really, this baby wants a happy mama, so I pre-ordered Emerald Green with some of the money. It should be here today, hooray!

What books are YOU waiting for?