September 8, 2011

Procrastination Station

In college I was a procrastinator extraordinaire. Ten page paper due at 3 pm? I'd definitely start it by at least 8 am that day... or maybe the night before if it needed a fairly extensive bibliography. Plan ahead? Start studying a week before a test the way my roommate would? Nah, planning was for sissies!


I thought that I'd outgrown my procrastinating tendencies, but it turns out that I just haven't had a lot of things about which to procrastinate in the last few years. Because now that I have books that I need to finish for review? Suddenly I have a million things that sound better. I could check my facebook, or Pinterest, or organize my closet, or clean the bathroom sinks. Those latter options are the ones that are especially funny to me. It's the whole "I'm doing something productive, so I'm not actually procrastinating" line of reasoning.

And why, you ask, am I blogging about procrastination right now? You guessed it...I'm avoiding that book on my nightstand.

How about you? Are you a procrastinator? Or do you plan things a mile ahead like my roommate would? Tell me in the comments!

Picture courtesy of Hyperbole and a Half.