November 3, 2011

A Book Filled Vacation


We snuck away to Show Low for a few days!

I spent hours every day reading. Sitting in front of the fire, cuddled up in a blanket, reading a book -- what's better than that?

I read three books in three days. I can't remember the last time I just sat down and read a book from start to finish in one day, and then I did it three times in a row!

Plus we got to feed ducks, admire pine trees, giggle at how chubby Eleanor looks in a puffy coat, and enjoy the cold weather. [Cold for Tucsonans that is -- highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s. All you east-coasters can stop laughing now.]

It was just the getaway I needed: almost no electronics for 3 days, lots of books, and a couple of days off blogging. Now I'm excited to blog more (stay tuned for reviews of some of those books pictured above)!

Ok, what do YOU think is cold weather? 
Do you feel inclined to read more when it's cold outside?