December 13, 2011

Two Lists: Things Done, and Things Not


In the last week I have:
  • Baked, frosted, and delivered 460 cookies and eight loaves of bread as gifts.
  • Swept approximately 10,000 sprinkles off my floors downstairs after all that baking/decorating.
  • Left broad hints about what I want for my birthday and Christmas.
  • Read Goodnight Moon approximately 200 times. 
  • Listened to two audio books.
  • Reorganized my pantry.
  • Reorganized our downstairs storage/board game closet.
  • Picked up the same baby toys approximately 93 times.
  • Written eight blog posts, between Quirky Bookworm and my mommy blog
I have not:
  • Finished reading a book that I should've had done 3 days ago.
  • Written any book reviews.
  • Mopped the floors. There are still traces of frosting lurking in every corner.
  • Made up my mind about my Kindle yet. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to return it, but I'm still debating.
  • Done laundry. Good thing we all have enough clothes to go 10 days.
When I type it out, the 'done' list looks way longer than the 'undone' list. And yet, the undone list is what's haunting me, and making me feel like a slacker. As I've said before, I'm a big procrastinator, and I guess lingering list guilt is a side product.

Are you a list-maker? Do you fall behind on regular household stuff and responsibilities this time of year?

P.S. Giveaway is still open! Go leave a comment and enter to win a great book.