January 20, 2012

Weekend Links: The Reckless Edition

My hair has been bugging me lately. So Tuesday morning I took the scissors to it. It turned out ok, and all the split ends are finally gone, but it needs shape. I'm trying to decide if I should leave well enough alone, or tweak it some more!
  • Since I've been reading so much post-WWI stuff lately (including the Maisie Dobbs series) I really liked Flavorwire's list of WWI books for Downton Abbey fans (which I found via Shelf Awareness). I think I might try Mrs. Dalloway soon.
  • Harking back to my earlier discovery that blog images weren't loading properly in Google Chrome, I realized that the Quirky Bookworm header looks square and funny in Internet Explorer. Boo Internet Explorer!
  • Jill reviewed Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It's a futuristic retelling of the Cinderella story, and now I want to read it! But it's number one in a quartet, so maybe I'll wait till another book or two is published.
  • I really liked Katie's thoughts on heroines in parallel worlds. It's fun sometimes to compare the historical accuracy of a certain period from book to book. Or, if like me, you end up reading several books from the same era in a row, it makes the era seem so much more real.
What internet browser do you use? Are you a Downton Abbey addict?