September 13, 2012

Vlog: The Bookcase at the Bottom of the Stairs

The title of this post makes me think of a kid's mystery title. Like "Trixie Belden and the Mysterious Bookcase at the Bottom of the Stairs"!

But, it's not very mysterious. It's just me: talking about books on a bookshelf.

If you watch this video, you'll notice (a) I strategically turn my head so you can see my lovely half-dutch braided bun, (b) I have shaky hands, and (c) there's an author I "despise". You'll also get a sneak peek of our flip flops beneath the shelf, since we like having shoes within easy reach of the front door. And I'm plugging the Ikea bookshelf just because I heart it - I bought it with my own money.





Here's a list of all the books/authors I mention in the video:

Geraldine Brooks
Anne of Green Gables
Graceling
Shannon Hale
The Hunger Games
Jasper Fforde
Dorothy Dunnett
Lauren Willig
Cormac McCarthy
Stieg Larsson
Persepolis
The Lord of the Rings
Little Women
Jane Austen
The Time Traveler's Wife
The Sparrow
To Kill a Mocking Bird
Catch-22
Ivanhoe
The Man in the Iron Mask
Brock and Bodie Thoene
Bill Bryson
Steven Pinker
Mark Abley
Noam Chomsky
Simon Schama
Oxford English Dictonary

 So, anyone seasick? Anyone surprised by the books I own?

If you want to see more of my books, check out my Bedroom Book Tour Vlog!