December 2, 2012

What I Was Into (in November)


Books

 Well, last month I wasn't so much into reading. I finished a whopping five print books and only two audio books. I blame moving for the former, and Christmas music for the latter. But - I did finish Magic Study and start Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder. They're books 2 and 3 of a super addicting YA fantasy trilogy and they're such fun. (Even if ridiculously over-the-top in terms of the number of people who are trying to kill Yelena, the heroine.)


Home

I have been very into unpacking/re-arranging/Christmas-light-stringing/picture-hanging, etc. The new house is feeling quite homey, and I love it. I'm so happy with how things are looking (and with the fact that for the first time in my life I have more than enough bookshelves!) I'm kind of in love with the Ikea shelves we got for Eleanor's room. You can see about 1 million more house pics here.


Oreos


Have you tried the Candy Cane Oreos? They're dangerously delicious - even better than Peppermint Joe-Joes. They seem to be already gone at the stores though - and I saw packs of them going for $10 each on Amazon! I guess they weren't kidding when they said Limited Edition. Good thing I bought 3 packs. Too bad they're all gone already...


Christmas Music

No surprise, right? I have been listening to Christmas music nonstop. I'm slightly obsessed with Cee Lo Green's Christmas album, which is completely weird and unlike me, but you have to hear his "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch"! Tsh from Simple Mom also posted a couple of great Christmas playlists on Spotify - I really like the instrumental one. And we've listened to Ella Fitzergald's Frosty the Snowman approximately 42,000 times.


Television

Once Upon a Time just gets better and better. It helps that I like reading Megan's posts about it; and that our new house is about six houses down the street from one of my close friends, so now I get to walk over and drool over Captain Hook watch episodes with her. Noel and I have also been really enjoying Modern Family. We keep quoting lines from Phil's Osophy Book ("Marry someone who looks sexy while disappointed") to each other.

What are YOU into?
What Christmas music do you like? 


Linking up with Leigh!

What I'm Into at HopefulLeigh