July 9, 2013

My Library Request List

Pima County Public Library
The Kirk-Bear Canyon branch.

I'm a big fan of the library; and I've written before about the Pima County Library - Tucson's local library system.

I think libraries in the digital age are so much better than they used to be. I've checked out Kindle versions of books to my phone, I download the audio versions of books using OverDrive, I use the Pima County Library app to reserve books and search the catalog, and my new favorite thing is the Zinio magazine option. I've read magazines ranging from Mental Floss to Fit Pregnancy to The Food Network Magazine all for free on my phone with the Zinio app and my library card number!

But, I usually prefer the hard copies of books, since my phone screen is small and I don't have a Kindle, so I request a lot of books too. That way I can check them out easily (and quickly) without having to drag Eleanor all over the library stacks with me.


Pima County Public Library
The Murphy-Wilmot branch.

Here are the books that I currently have on hold...
  1. Methland: The Death and Life of An American Small Town. Ready for pickup! I requested this one for Noel (based on Kim's recommendation at Nikki's blog), since Noel is obsessed with Breaking Bad.
  2. The Romeo and Juliet Code. Ready for pickup! I read Jill's review of the second book in this series, and had to go back and request the first.
  3. The House at Riverton. 7 of 52 holds. I couldn't handle the slow pace of the audio anymore, and put in a request for the print copy so I can hurry up and finish the silly book. 
  4. Love and Logic: Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years. 3 of 10 holds. I've heard good things about Love and Logic from a bunch of friends, so we'll see if I can pick up any helpful parenting tips.
  5. Dead I Well May Be. 5 of 10 holds. I reserved this after reading a review by a librarian on the library's blog.
  6. Life after Life. 309 of 313 holds. Based on the comments on my best of 2013 post I decided I couldn't miss this one. But looks like it'll be a while before I actually get to read it. Those of you who read it: do you think it'd be good on audio? I have one Audible credit left to use...
  7. Eleanor and Park. 21 of 21 holds. Anne inspired me to finally reserve this one, although I know I've read several other reviews of it.
 Do you use your local library?
What do you have on hold?