April 4, 2014

Bookworm Friday Link-Up #2 - Judging Books By Their Covers (Harry Potter Edition)

 


In honor of the Young Adult Book and Movie Club selection for this month, I decided to judge Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by its cover!


The top row: British, American, French.
The bottom row: German, Spanish, Japanese.

I think for once I actually prefer the American cover! Well, there are several different British covers, but I prefer the American one to the one pictured here. The German Harry is just weird (although Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch is awfully fun to say). 

The hardest to determine was the Japanese cover... it was difficult to decipher which Harry Potter book was which, since I don't read Japanese. But after some googling, I found it! And, hilariously, the Roman-alphabet version of the Japanese title appears to be "Hari potta to hono no goburetto". I'm going to start calling him Hari Potta all the time!

But based purely on cover, I'd pick up the American, Spanish, or French ones for sure. Pretty sure I'd leave the others on the shelf.

I can't wait to see which books you guys are judging by their covers! Link-up your posts below. (If you're reading via email or feed reader, you'll have to click through to link your post or read other's posts).




Which cover is YOUR favorite?

Photobucket