October 27, 2014

31 Days of Book Pics: Day 27 - Bookstore

I love bookstores a lot. But after working in a used bookstore for 6.5 years, I have a hard time shopping at new bookstores! I have horrible sticker shock. So I browse in new bookstores for ideas. Then I go reserve stuff at the library, or stalk the used stores in hopes of finding them.


Plus when I visit Bookmans (pictured above), I get the advantage of chatting with old coworkers, who marvel at how big Eleanor was. (I took her to work with me as a baby, but I quit when she was 16 months old.) So then it's bookstore finds + old friends, which = double the fun.


Do you shop in bookstores often?


Unfamiliar with 31 Days? Here's my post explaining all the details of my 31 Days of Book Pics Project. Find all of my #31bookpics here. Find me on Instagram here. And don't forget to share your own Bookstore pics online with the hashtag #31bookpics!