January 31, 2015

Readin' in the Rain

This is usually dirt. But it's a temporary pond!
What is it about rainy days that make you just want to put on some fuzzy socks, curl up in a chair, and read a good book? (Well, that's how I respond to rain anyway. Eleanor reacts by ecstatically jumping in puddles.)

Tucson has gotten an almost unprecedented amount of rain in the last couple of days. It actually rained for 24 hours straight. Our average annual rainfall is 11.5 inches a year, and we got a whole inch yesterday!


I've gotten an equally large amount of reading done. In fact, my January total is up to 17 books; and it may end up at 18, depending on if I finish Crossed tonight or not.


I'll do a full reading roundup in the next few days, but in the meantime I'm going to go back to my book while the few last raindrops linger!




Do YOU read more in the rain?