Here are the 23 books I read in the first 36 days of this year, with their star ratings. I'm linking to the titles I've already blogged about, and posting brief snippets for those I haven't reviewed yet. And don't forget I'm mapping the books I read on Pinterest too!
- The Beige Man - 3/5
- The House of Hades - 4/5
- Yes Please - 3/5
- Plague Land - 4/5
- The Siege Winter - 5/5
- Into the Savage Country - 3/5 - a story about fur trappers in the American West in the 1820s.
- Bunker Hill - 4/5 - a history of the early months of the American Revolution
- The Sweetness of Forgetting - 3/5 - part love story, part family saga
- Unbroken - 5/5
- Crazy Little Thing - 4/5 - a funny romance set in Michigan
- Gun Street Girl - 5/5 - a brilliant detective novel set in Northern Ireland during the "Troubles"
- Who Buries the Dead - 4/5 - the newest entry in the Sebastian St. Cyr series
- The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax - 4/5 - a fun mystery, starring the redoubtable Mrs. Pollifax
- Beauty - 4/5
- Bon Appetempt - 2/5
- Matched - 3.5/5 - the first in a trilogy, where people are paired for life by the Society. Cassia, 17, is shocked when the system fails, and she's matched to both Xander and Ky.
- Crossed - 3/5 - the second, a fairly solid entry, continuing the story of Cassia, Xander, and Ky
- Reached - 3/5 - the third, the story gets bigger than just the 3 teenagers
- Too Bad to Die - 4/5
- The Edge of Dreams - 2.5/5 - a historical mystery set in NYC
- The Best Medicine - 3/5 - another funny romance by the author of Crazy Little Thing
- The Lost City of Z - 3.5/5 - the quest to find "El Dorado" in the Amazon jungle
- Lizzy & Jane - 2.5/5 - a modern story about two sisters - Lizzy is a chef looking for love, Jane has cancer
Are you in a reading spree?
Or a reading rut?
The images in this post are my affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Quirky Bookworm! And I might link up with Quick Lit at Modern Mrs. Darcy. Except I've forgotten to actually link my posts up the last two months...