February 21, 2015

What I'm Into: The Boring Edition



I love reading posts in Leigh Kramer's What I'm Into link-up every month. I often find new books to read, blogs to follow, and shows to watch. So I always want to link-up, but sometimes I worry that I'm too boring. My interests don't change a ton from month to month. Do yours?

Anyway, here's a brief (hopefully non-boring, heehee) round-up of what I'm into this month.

Grumbling

Mostly about the weather. I know, I know, I live in the wrong climate. But you guys - every day this week it's hit at least 76 degrees. IN FEBRUARY I got too sweaty at 10pm outside, because I put a sweater on. Sigh. It's only a matter of weeks till we cross the 90 threshold, and then stay there till Halloween. Boo. I'm so jealous of all of you posting your snowy/icicle-y pictures all over Instagram.

Reading


I've been oddly into contemporary women's fiction and romances. I've read four Tracy Brogan books so far this year - they're funny, not-too-explicit contemporary romances. The three Bell Harbor books are all great - and they've all made me laugh out loud. I've also read some JoJo Moyes, Kristen Harmel, and Katherine Reay. And I devoured The Royal We, a super fun, and surprisingly thought-provoking, Will-and-Kate type romance. (That one is for Shelf Awareness - it won't come out till April.)

Watching


Because I've been reading such a staggering amount, I actually haven't been watching much. I'm working my way through Criminal Minds season 9 on Netflix, and Noel and I are keeping up with the final season of Parks and Recreation. I officially gave up on Once Upon a Time (ugh, that Anna/Elsa plotline killed it for me), and I've been kinda-sorta watching Castle.

Planning


I'm getting very-very-very excited about our trip to San Francisco in April. So many schemes! So little time to get the baby sleeping better. Ha! (I booked one hotel room for the four of us... hopefully I won't regret it too much. Normally we do Airbnb, but I scored such a hotel steal that it's way cheaper than an apartment rental. As long as Juliet lets us get some sleep.)

My plans include the Golden Gate Park, a ferry to Sausalito, hopefully Muir Woods, and way too much chocolate in Ghirardelli Square. Eleanor keeps telling everyone that we're going on an airplane and a boat and a ferry and a ... (I feel like we need to make up a tune and call it our San Francisco transportation song).

Moisturizing


I know this is going to sound sort of stupid, since I'm 32, but I think I'm just figuring out my skin. My problem is that I had bad acne in my teens and 20s... as did my mother before me. But I have incredibly dry skin, which is the opposite of my mom. I always just treated acne the way she had, without ever really thinking about it. And for the last 5 years or so since my skin finally got less pimply, I've basically used zero products, because I was scared to make the acne come back.

Anyway, long story short, I'm starting to get some wrinkles, and I've started moisturizing some... and my skin looks so much better! I have had a few acne flare-ups, but overall my skin is looking a lot more smooth & nourished. But it's baby steps. I still don't know about all these other things: Toner? Cleanser? Sunscreen? Different types of moisturizing? If any of you have helpful links or products you love, please share in the comments!

Repeating


Juliet's sixteen months old now, and she's at that really echo-y phase of life. "Down. Down. Down." "Mama mama mama." "Num-na? Num-na?" (Her word for "food".) I find myself saying things over and over again too. Well, that could also be because the four-and-three-quarters-year-old is a tad on the absentminded side. Someday I'll be able to say things only once, right? Right?


What are YOU into?