I was five years late to the Harry Potter party, because everyone else was reading them.
I have a contrary streak that hates reading things just because everyone else is.
So when I saw a post from Monika at Lovely Bookshelf called "Top 10 Hyped Books I've Never Read" - I could totally relate.
Here are the 10 hyped books I've never read!
- Twilight. Nope. No vampires. I just can't.
- Game of Thrones. Incest, violence, eh. I don't want to invest that much time in something that turns out to be too much for me.
- The Purpose Driven Life. Pretty sure every other Christian has read this.
- Fifty Shades of Grey. Never ever happening, for obvious reasons.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns. Ok, I read about a third of this one. And I was like "IT'S GOING TO BE TOO TRAGIC I CAN'T EVEN DEAL." and I quit.
- The Secret. Ugh, I worked in a bookstore when this came out. I tend to be pretty judgey about new age stuff anyway... and, let me tell you, the clientele who was looking for that book cemented some of my judgments!
- The Help. I don't have a good reason for avoiding this one. Mostly just because everyone kept telling me I should read it.
- Life of Pi. Yep. More stubborn anti-trendiness on my part.
- The Nightingale. Is it just me, or is EVERYONE reading this book this year? And from what the description sounds like, it seems to be a pretty run-of-the-mill WWII book. Maybe I'm just biased because I was underwhelmed by All the Light We Cannot See?
- The Goldfinch. I actually requested this one from the library, but ran out of time, and never read it.
What hyped books have YOU never read?