August 23, 2015

Sunday Funday: Links and Staycationing



The last few days have been nice and lazy in the Howard household. Noel and I decided last month to take a "staycation" this weekend: so I ruthlessly turned down all social invitations, and he took Friday off work. We went out to breakfast on Friday, hit Eegee's for lunch yesterday, and we might even order pizza tonight! 

We relaxed screen time rules for the girls, and since my in-laws are out of town, we spent a good chunk of yesterday hanging out at their house, enjoying their cable and neighborhood swimming pool. Since I had the foresight to clean the house really well on Thursday, and do some batch-cooking ahead of time, I haven't had to do any house-y things, which really does make it feel like a vacation, all for the cost of only a couple of meals out, and without any packing, ha!

Anyway, while lazing around, I've stumbled on some fun book links, and I decided to do a linky post again this week. That's two weeks in a row! Maybe it'll become my Sunday thing.
I'm happy to report that my book rut has ended - this week I read What Alice Forgot, started Icarus, an excellent South African mystery, devoured The Sea of Tranquility on audio, started The Beekeeper's Apprentice on audio, and kept plugging away at Little Women for the YABMC. (I'm honestly not enjoying it as much as I remember liking it as a kid/teenager.)

I'm also part of a Voxer book club where we're reading/discussing Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption. It's intense, so it's slow going, I can only read a chapter or two at a time before stopping and processing.


What are YOU doing this weekend?