October 31, 2015

31 Days of Book Pics - Day 31 - Spooky Books (And the #31bookpics Link-Up!)



I'm kinda sad that this is the last day of #31bookpics. I couldn't think of anything better than my Spooky Books compilation from last year, so I'm reposting it. Here are a few books that have "haunted" me!

  • I read The Distant Hours nearly two years ago, and I still think about it. It's definitely the most sad of Kate Morton's books, and I dreamed about it for months after I finished it.
  • Bellman & Black is a book that I wouldn't even say I liked. Actually, I almost disliked it. But I couldn't stop reading it, and I think of it every time I see a black bird.
  • The Secret Place was not my favorite of Tana French's books, but it has a supernatural subplot that I found slightly disturbing and unforgettable. And it's one of those books where the whole plot hinges on one tiny moment (much like The Distant Hours), and you find yourself wishing you could change that moment.
  • The Book Thief was our October pick for the Young Adult Book and Movie Club. Obviously a book narrated by Death is going to be fairly haunting, and World War Two stories are often hard to forget! 



What books have haunted you?






This is Day 31 of my 31 Days of Book Pics series for 2015. I'd love it if you'd play along on Instagram and Twitter by posting a bookish picture each day of October. Don't forget to hashtag your photos with #31bookpics so that I can find them! Click the image below to find the whole series!