November 20, 2015

Currently: What I'm Reading / Regretting / Prepping / Carrying

My Costco reading lunch yesterday.

Time: 12:52pm
Reading // The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette Heyer. This typically isn't one of my favorites of hers, but I'm listening to it on audio, and I'm really enjoying it! The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty, which is fun, as all Moriarty's books are. And The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson, which I got for review, yippee. Although I will say, the first chapter is making me realize how old Bill Bryson is. I don't think I'm his target demographic anymore.
Watching // I've been catching up on Criminal Minds on Netflix. I don't know why, but I always like watching it around the holidays... the dark counterbalance to all the Christmas music I listen to?
Listening // All Christmas music all the time. This year I've been particularly enjoying the Christmas albums of Pentatonix, Blake Shelton, Francesca Battistelli, and Sarah Mclachlan. 
Regretting // How sick we've been! (Which is also why I haven't blogged all week.) We've had this stupid cold/flu junk for 2 whole weeks now. No amount of medicine, essential oils, or elderberry syrup seems to be helping. Sigh.
Enjoying // The cool evenings. November is probably my favorite month in Tucson, weather-wise. 70s in the day, 40s at night, makes me happy.
Looking // For concrete ways to help Syrian refugees. I was really excited to find out about Carry the Future. I'm going to order a carrier on Amazon, since I'm still using my Ergo.
Planning // For Thanksgiving (I'm hosting for the first time!), and vacation (Christmas at Disneyland!!). I'm having way too much fun making spreadsheets and texting Disney links to Noel.
Prepping // Because of our trip, I'm trying to get as much Christmas-y stuff done in November as I can. I've already got about 15 lbs of cookie dough mixed up and waiting in my freezer, I've bought most of my Christmas gifts, and I'm hopefully going to start wrapping presents this weekend. I'm also doing a bunch of freezer meal making, so that I will have to cook as little as possible in December.
Carrying // I earned the tote pictured below as a Thirty-one incentive last month, and I'm in love with it. I was so happy to check my mail and find all these books and that tote!
Time: 1:10pm
Happy mail on Monday!


What are YOU currently doing?