November 24, 2015

I'm Thankful for Books! #FindJoyinNovember



Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA lately. The sickness continues. So with all the extra laundry a throwing-up kid creates (plus all the sleep it DOESN'T create), I haven't had a ton of energy for blogging.

But, hopefully we're on the upswing! And I've been participating in the #FindJoyinNovember hashtag fun on Instagram, which is helping me find the bright spots in a couple of rather gloomy weeks. (Stress and Stars is hosting a pretty amazing #FindJoyinNovember giveaway, which you can check out here.)

I was able to read a lot yesterday though, while Juliet watched waaay too much tv. I read all of Angels Burning, and a good chunk of The Road to Little Dribbling. They're both for review for Shelf Awareness - they come out in January - and I really liked Angels Burning, a literary mystery set in Appalachian Pennsylvania. (I couldn't help but picture all the characters on Justified while reading it!) The Road to Little Dribbling was a slow starter. I was kind of alarmed that Bill Bryson had turned into a stodgy old man, too busy ranting about the illiterate youth of today to be funny, but luckily things picked up after 2-3 chapters, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely long Thanksgiving weekend. I'm going to leave you with Eleanor's Elsa turkey. (She had to 'disguise' a turkey for school.) I was cracking up about the slit she insisted on putting in Elsa's skirt. As Noel said, "Mmmm. Turkey legs."



Happy Thanksgiving!