November 8, 2015

The List App: Perfect for Nerdy Social Media Lovers



The List App is a newish social media site - just for making lists. HOW GREAT IS THAT?! The app was started by B.J. Novak (of Office and The Book with No Pictures fame), and it's perfect for nerdy social media lovers like me.

I've been making quite a few lists lately - popular ones include:

But I think my favorite lists are the bookish ones I've done, including:

Here are a few reasons why you should try The List App if you haven't yet.
  • It's great for finding funny stuff -- so many creative people are making amazing lists! And there are a ton of celebrities using it (probably helps that BJ Novak is the founder), so you can follow some of your favorite people if you want to.
  • It has helpful stuff too. I follow the New York Times, and every morning they post a list of 5 news items you need to know about for that day. I've also seen lots of lists recommending places to eat and things to do in specific cities.
  • It's nice, because you can add pictures and links if you want (so it's more flexible than Instagram). 
  • But you can have several hundred characters for each list item (so you don't have to be as brief as Twitter).
  • It allows you to save drafts. So if you're in the middle of an epic list, you can leave and come back to it later.

Basically, I'm obsessed with The List App, and I wanted to share the love! I'm @jessicah if you want to follow me. I hope to "see" you and your lists soon!