December 14, 2015

Quick Lit: My Vacation Reads

We're heading out on our Disney trip pretty soon, and (naturally) I'm going to overpack the books I'm taking with us. Here's what I'm packing, and why.



Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe. I really enjoy Jenny Colgan's books - they're perfect light reading. And what's better than a fun chick lit novel at Christmastime? Especially one set in England!





The Road to Little Dribbling. I'm almost done with this one already. It's so fun. I was a little worried at first, I didn't love the beginning chapters; but it really picked up steam around chapter 3 or 4, and I've loved the rest.






The Disney Christmas Storybook Collection. I was thrilled to find a beautiful copy of this one secondhand last week. Eleanor loves reading these illustrated treasury type books - we have fairy tale ones and a Paddington one - and this is perfect since it's both Disney and Christmas! I have it wrapped up for her to open on the drive to California.





Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope. I bought this one and the two others in the series (also in that secondhand bookstore score! Yay Bookmans!). Noel's a big Star Wars nerd, and he's getting the girls into it. Any time Juliet sees something with a storm trooper or robot on it, she yells "TAR WARS!! TAR WARS!!" So I figured I'd grab her a few 'tar Wars books to read in the car, in celebration of the fact that the new movie is coming out this week!





Far From True. I've never read any of Linwood Barclay's books, but I'm going to be interviewing him soon, so I want to brush up first! I may not get to this one (hey, who has time to read at Disneyland, right?), but I'm packing myself a spare book just in case.

I'm also packing more books for the girls - having a kid old enough (and willing to) read for hours in the car is so great! And Juliet likes to copy Eleanor, so she'll page through a fair number of board books too. But I'm going to try not to get completely crazy... we'll see.



Do YOU pack a lot of books on vacation?


Planning to link up with Modern Mrs Darcy. And this post contains my Amazon affiliate images. Thanks for supporting Quirky Bookworm!