January 18, 2016

Currently: What I'm Reading/Watching/Wishing


Time: 2:26 pm
Reading // I read the entirety of Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff yesterday. I wouldn't say I liked it. In fact, I might have even disliked it. But the characters were strangely haunting, and I could not put the book down. I also listened to about an hour of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard on audiobook. It's ok, seems like pretty typical YA fare so far; but I'm hoping it gets better, since a lot of people raved about it. And I'm in the middle of The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey -- so far I'm enjoying it, and I'm intrigued to see where it's going.
Watching // At the moment Ratatouille. I'm typing this up on my laptop while we have a family movie afternoon. In general, Noel and I are working through Season 6 of Justified, slightly delayed by the fact that I have a cold, and have gone to bed pretty early the last few nights. And I'm excited that The Biggest Loser is back. I love that silly show so much.
Wishing // For healthiness! The girls also have colds. But we decided to take advantage of Noel's day off work and Eleanor's day off school for MLK Jr., and go up Mt. Lemmon anyway. We only lasted about 30 minutes in the snow, because the girls got tired and cold quickly. I'm so glad we went though - there was at least a foot of snow on the ground still, and it was so beautiful. And then we drove the hour home, back to the 65 degree weather at our house! It's nice to have such awesome wintery weather so close.
Stressing // I am a little behind on book reviews, in part because of reading Fates and Furies. And I just feel like I'm not all caught up on filing and paperwork and housecleaning and assorted other housey tasks since the holidays. Possibly also because I haven't been feeling 100%, it all seems a bit overwhelming. So I'm going to try and buckle down and focus and get a bunch of stuff done these next few days. Thus... time to wrap up this little update!
Time: 2:38 pm


What are YOU up to?