February 11, 2016

Love of Reading and Books About Love

Love of Reading Week: Bloggers including Anne from Modern Mrs. Darcy and Jill from Rhapsody in Books share about the books they love.

Do you remember long, long ago, when I had guest-posters for Love of Reading Week every February? I meant to try it again this year - but February arrived in sneaky fashion, and I wasn't prepared. It's been a few years though, so I figured for those of you who are new to the blog, or those of you who have bad memories, I'll link-up some of my favorites from the past!

  • Books You're Embarrassed to Admit You Love -- Alyce from At Home with Books shared all about her love of Outlander.
  • The Book I Can't Stop Recommending -- Speaking of embarrassment, I'm ashamed to admit that three years later I still haven't read the book that Anne from Modern Mrs. Darcy recommended!
  • The Comfort of Rereading -- I agree with so many of Katie from Cakes, Tea and Dreams' choices! I love to reread a lot of those same books.
  • YA Dystopias - Jill from Rhapsody in Books is largely responsible for my own love of YA books. I starting reading Maggie Stiefvater, the Lunar Chronicles, and SO many other books based on her recommendations!


And, if talk of Valentine's Day has you in the mood for a nice lovey-dovey read, here are some of my recommendations: 
I'm thinking I might have to squeeze in a Mary Stewart reread sometime this weekend! I read a few of Jenny Colgan's books over Christmas break, but I haven't read any romances yet in 2016.

Happy Valentine's Day!