February 3, 2012

Love of Reading Week


This week, instead of weekend links, I have something a little different for you. I'm excited to give you a sneak peek at a new series of posts!

February 7-14 will be Quirky Bookworm's Love of Reading Week!

I'll be talking about some of my all-time favorite books (and what I love about reading) and I've also rounded up a few of my favorite bloggers to participate! I want to give you a sneak preview of each of their blogs so you know what to look forward to.
  • I've been reading Megan of Sorta Crunchy for years, and I love what she has to say about faith, natural living, parenting, and books. I sponsored her blog in January, and am happy to continue the "bloggy cross-pollinating" this month as she posts here.
  • I know Stephanie of Metropolitan Mama in real life -- she and her husband Tim recently hosted us for a dinner of yummy grilled pizzas. Stephanie writes about parenting, reading, being the mom of 2 (almost 3!) girls and living in Tucson.
  • Jill of Rhapsody in Books also lives in Tucson, but waaaay on the other side of town, so I haven't met her in real life yet. But she reviews lots of awesome books on her blog, and she reads even more than I do--more than 200 books last year!
  • I "met" Katie of Cakes, Tea and Dreams through Shelf Awareness. She is also a Shelf reviewer, and I discovered that we have a freakish number of things in common! Among others, we both love England, reading, and played the flute in a Texas high school marching band.
Do you already read any of these blogs? 
Are you as excited about Love of Reading week as I am?!