August 21, 2013

Survey Says... (Come Find Out Which Book Wins Worst of 2013!)

Ok guys, I might have had a little too much fun putting together charts based on your survey answers. If you hate spreadsheets, skip ahead! But, fellow nerds, here comes the fun stuff!

I asked: What kind of posts would you like to see more of?

Your choices were:
  • Regular ol' book reviews.
  • "What I'm Reading" round-ups.
  • Judging Books By Their Covers.
  • Kids' book recommendations.
  • Musings on bookworm living.
  • Personal posts about what's going on in your life.
  • Other (fill in the blank)
And the survey says:





So, clearly, you guys want to hear less about me, and more about the books, ha! The one answer that really surprises me is how many people answered "Regular ol' book reviews" - since my straight up review posts get way less traffic and almost no comments. I was thinking maybe I should cut back on those, but I guess I won't.

Then I asked you what your favorite genre was. Some people were immediately specific, "Adult Fic with a lil' Sci Fi edge", while others answered that they weren't sure, or said nonspecific things like "Nonfiction".  I tried to roughly group them together, so that one solitary answer didn't get its own slice of the pie. (Apologies in advance to whomever said "Crime" if you meant True Crime. Because I lumped you in with mystery/ suspense!)


And last, but not least, I cracked up at some of the responses to "What's the worst book you've read in 2013?" It's bewildering to me how many people apparently finish terrible books - stop it! As I've said before, there are too many good books out there waiting for you - don't waste your time on bad books! 

There were several "a Kindle freebie" type responses, but the only specific title that got more than one mention was A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. (And if you're curious: there have been probably at least 15-20 books that I started and didn't finish this year. Of the books that I actually read cover to cover, the worst was A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn).

Anyway, I'll have one more "You Wanted to Know" post soon, and then I'll be done with the surveyage. (That should totally be a word, right?)

Thanks for humoring me as I celebrate two years of Quirky Bookworm!


How many books have you NOT FINISHED this year?