November 25, 2013

#bookwormproblems


A couple of weeks ago Eleanor shoved a bead so far up her nose that it required a trip to the ER to extract it. Since Juliet was only a few days old, I stayed home with her. Noel called me to tell me that they'd gotten it out, and was like, "You sound like you've been crying. What's wrong?! She's fine, don't stress!"

And I had to answer, "Ummm (sniffle) I was crying about my book." Nope, not worrying about the child with the bead up her nose, but rather sobbing heartbrokenly about the ending of Allegiant.* #bookwormproblems #embarrassing

I'm sure I can't be alone in moments like this, right? I was actually thinking it could be super fun to have a #bookwormsproblems linkup*, if enough of you have stories that would make good blog posts!


Do you have a #bookwormproblem to share?


*I wholeheartedly agree with Jill's review of Allegiant, including my grammatical irritations with the whole trilogy, and how Tris and Tobias had basically the same voice in the third book. But I have to give Veronica Roth HUGE points for being brave enough to write that ending, even when she was sure to know that lots of people would hate it. Although, I still prefer it to Mockingjay's depressing fizzle-out, but that's a whole different post.

*You were interested! So the #bookwormproblems link-up happened. Check it out here.