January 2, 2014

My Favorites of 2013

The girls, "playing dress-up".

Phew! I can't believe how fast the last bit of 2013 went by. The pregnant part draaaagged for me, but I could swear Halloween was last week, and I can't believe Juliet is already 11 weeks old. 

As usual, talk of The New Year makes me want to change things - we did a huge rearrange of our house (flip-flopping the dining and living rooms) and I did a little blog design tweak a few days ago. Nothing major, I just switched some fonts and the sidebar and updated the "Subscribe Via" section. (Speaking of subscription... if you subscribe via email or feed reader you should click through to see the changes.) I want to change my header a bit too, I just need to ask the friend who drew it for another favor!

In the meantime, as I was poking around the blog's odd corners, I found some posts from earlier this year that I want to share with you again:

 
And, just in case you're like me, and neglected blog-reading over the holidays, I want to make sure you caught:
 
I also did two year-end-recap type posts.

All in all it was a lovely year, mostly due to Juliet's arrival, but also just a nice year of friends and family and books. And 2014 is starting out with a bang - my brother gets married on Saturday!

How was YOUR 2013?

P.S. Did you do a year-end bookish recap? Share your post in the comments!