March 5, 2014

E-Reading: Yay or Nay?


I know I'm probably the minority in holding out against an e-reader. I'm planning for our trip to Disneyland right now though; and I have to admit that whenever we're vacationing, I'm slightly tempted to get one.

You may remember that a couple of years ago I bought a Kindle, but ended up returning it. I'm toying with the idea of putting a Kindle Fire or maybe a mini iPad on my birthday list this year. 

But first! I need opinions. 
  • Do you have an e-reader?
  • How often do you use it? 
  • Do you think it changes your typical reading pace? (I feel like I read too fast for one - I get annoyed with having to tap to turn the page so often. Unless maybe I just need to make the font tiny to fit more words? But then there's that reading glasses issue...)
  • If you were going to change something about the e-reader you have, what would it be? (Like would you rather switch to something with backlighting? Or do you wish it was bigger/smaller?)
Please weigh in in the comments -  I'm super curious!