March 14, 2014

The Tucson Festival of Books

Tucson Festival of Books: Meeting Curious George
Meeting Curious George at the 2011 TFOB.
 This weekend is the Tucson Festival of Books again! I'm so excited to be attending for the fourth year in a row. Last year 120,000 people attended, and it sounds like it'll be even bigger this year.

I'll be doing some in-person author interviews this time, which I'm mostly excited about (but partly terrified). But right now I have Cara Black and Deborah Crombie's numbers in my phone, which makes me feel a tiny bit famous by association!

While you're waiting for my gushing wrap-up of TFOB 2014, here are some posts I've written about TFOB in the past!
  • This one (from my mommy blog) tells about the fun Eleanor and I had there in 2012.
  • Two years ago was a very sci-fi/ fantasy heavy year for me - I was excited to get books signed by Robin Hobb and Naomi Novik.
  • Last year I got all fan-girly about Maggie Stiefvater, and I really enjoyed Mary Doria Russell too.
Obviously this is the year of the mystery for me, since in addition to the Black and Crombie interviews I'm also planning to attend a Jacqueline Winspear panel. We'll see what else I can swing, maybe Terry Shames too.

Do you have a book festival where you live?