August 20, 2014

What I've Been Listening To: Audiobooks and Podcasts


Eleanor started pre-k last week. While I'm excited to have a little more time to get stuff done, and to spend individual time with Juliet, I think I might be most excited about the Scholastic Book Order!

I told Noel that it's a childhood dream come true: getting to order WHATEVER I WANT TO out of the book catalog. Sometimes being the grown-up is awesome.

And another bonus of all the preschool to-ing and fro-ing (and the fact that Juliet can't complain about what I'm listening to): I've gotten a lot of audiobook time in. I finally finished Let's Pretend This Never Happened and I also listened to The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline.

Cryptic Crinoline is book five in a series about Enola Holmes (younger sister of Sherlock and Mycroft), and it was really fun. Plus, since it's a YA mystery, it wasn't violent or scary or anything - so you should totally recommend the series to your grandma or niece or someone. Next up in the audiobook rotation: Rainbow Rowell's Landline.

In addition to books, I've gotten through a bunch of podcasts too. I've been loving Freakonomics Radio, The History Chicks, How They Blog, and Spilled Milk.


What have YOU been listening to?