January 18, 2015

What I Wish I Was Reading: My Library Hold List


The Pima County Public Library recently revamped its website so that you can put digital holds and regular holds in on the same page. Hooray! Trying to keep track of two separate hold lists was making me a little crazy.

Right now my hold list is maxed out. Here are some of the items I'm waiting for:

  • Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania. I really enjoy most of Erik Larson's books (although I didn't think that The Garden of Beasts was as good as some of his earlier titles). I'm hoping that this one will be a return to his Devil in the White City glory days. And I'm very proud of myself that I put in the request early enough that I'm #1 on the list, even though the book won't come out for a few more months!
  • Palace of Stone. I liked Princess Academy, and decided that I should read the sequel. Shannon Hale's books are generally always light and fun; you really can't go wrong with them.
  • City of the Beasts. I requested this one since I managed to read exactly zero books set in Latin America last year (!!). Isabel Allende is my go-to South American author (I really loved Ines of My Soul and Daughter of Fortune). Although I just noticed that City of the Beasts doesn't get great reviews on Goodreads. Maybe I'll switch and request a different title of hers.
  • Shatter Me. The reasons for this one are sort of silly. I started following Ransom Riggs on Instagram, and he includes lots of pics of his wife Taherah Mafi, and she looks awesome... so I requested her book. I need to get around to reading one of his too! I hear such good things about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
  • The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes. I need to read a second Moyes before I definitely decide how I felt about You Before Me.
  • Red Rising by Pierce Brown. My friend Meghan has been raving about this book, so I put in a request! Even though I'm hesitant to start a new trilogy when only one book is out... I trust her judgment, so I'm going for it.
  • All the Light We Cannot See. Speaking of Meghan's judgment, I was about to buy this one with an Audible credit I had, but then she said that she really didn't like the narrator they chose. So now I'm on the waitlist for the hard copy. Which is sad, because 261 people are ahead of me. 

What books are you waiting for?