February 29, 2016

Julie of the Wolves Jinx

 
I know I'm not hosting the #bookwormproblems link-up anymore, but man, Julie of the Wolves caused me several of them!

First of all: I checked it out from the library on audiobook, and was mystified as I listened to it. Why was it so choppy? I remember loving it as a kid. But this time I just couldn't get into it. Then the first disc ended, and at a red light I grabbed the case out of my console, and went to switch to disc 2. Except, there was no disc 2. Turns out I checked out the ABRIDGED version, and it was all condensed to one hour! No wonder I didn't like it!

I meant to get to the library and check out a print version, but February got a little crazy and I never got around to it.

And then I fully intended to have this post written and queued up for early this morning, but alas, I got sidetracked by the Oscars last night.

Not to mention the fact that I'm literally incapable of typing the word Julie. I type Juliet EVERY SINGLE TIME, and then have to delete the t.

So mea culpa if you were waiting to link up - hopefully you did so via Sheila or Carrie's blogs! And I also hope you got to read the real version of Julie of the Wolves!

Oh well, on to Korea starting tomorrow! I'm excited for the next few picks from the RTFEBC. March and April should be a lot of fun.



Do you hate abridgements too?