May 16, 2016

Bookish Links to Start Your Workweek


Eleanor came home with a reading medal on Friday - she was the star reader of all the kinder classes at her school! I'm partly super proud, and partly jealous. Where's MY reading medal!? (Ha!)
  • Don't forget that the Sync free summer audiobooks have started! Sync offers two free books a week - one YA, paired with one classic or nonfiction title - which you can download to your computer, or to your mobile device via Overdrive.
  • Nathaniel Philbrick's new book came out last week. I'm on the hold list at the library, but you can buy it (afflink) if you're more impatient than I am. I don't think I've ever read a history of Benedict Arnold, so I'm excited. 
  • This lady is AMAZING - she hand-painted the first page of a Harry Potter book on her wall. Now I just need to talk Noel into letting me do this.
  • These 9 Excuses Every Book-Lover Has Used are all pretty true for me, especially #8 and #9! 
  • There's been so much fun Shakespeare stuff floating around in honor of the 400th anniversary of his death. Check out #Shakespeare400 across social media for tons of cool things. I did surprisingly badly on this "Spot the Real Shakespeare Words" quiz. (I only got 3 right!)
And from the Quirky Bookworm archives for this week: 

Happy Monday!