August 31, 2013

Currently: What I'm Reading // Working on // Wishing // Playing


Currently // 8:38pm
Reading // Death on Demand by Paul Thomas - a surprisingly awesome New Zealand mystery. Really intrigued to see how this one wraps up. I also read Debbie Macomber's Starry Night this week. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't love it. Which was probably partially influenced by the fact that I was reading it for review; in Tucson, in August. I just didn't feel Christmas-y.
Watching // Noel and I just watched all the X-Men movies in chronological order. Now I can't wait for the new one next year! Oh Hugh Jackman... And also - the U.S. Open! Yippee. I love watching tennis, although I can't play it to save my life.
Eating // Mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mmmmm.
Playing // Candy Crush. Seriously, this game is dangerous. If you ever want to do anything productive ever again, don't start playing it!
Smiling at // Eleanor had her first ballet class this week. She's so incredibly excited about it, and there has been a lot of twirling around our house lately.
Working on // The nursery! We haven't used that room since we moved in last November, except to store junk. So we cleared out the junk, Noel's steam cleaned the carpet 3 times to get rid of the funky smell (previous owner had a dog... who apparently wasn't very housetrained!); and we've unpacked all the baby clothes and toys I stashed away after Eleanor. I also have a secret bookish art project planned in terms of decoration -- I'll keep you posted!
Wishing // My silly body had circulation on its right side. In spite of sleeping on my left, wearing compression stockings, putting my feet up, etc, the veins on my right side are out of control. And my right foot is significantly bigger across than my left. Sigh. With Eleanor it got so club-footy that I nicknamed it Quasi Modo, and I think we're headed there again. I would show you a picture, but I don't want all my readers to run away in horror, haha.
Prepping for // We're having a barbecue for about 20 friends tomorrow evening... it's our fourth annual Day-Before-Labor-Day party! So we cleaned up the back porch today, and tomorrow we've got a lot of hamburgers to make.
Currently // 9:02pm.

What are YOU doing for Labor Day?