June 20, 2016

Favorite Quotes from Pride and Prejudice


A few months ago on The Popcast, co-host Knox made fun of me for saying that I quote Pride & Prejudice all the time with my family. (I'm not entirely sure about which episode it was, but I think this one.) I stand by my quotes, however, because Jane Austen herself is pretty darn quotable, and then the Colin Firth version of the movie is just awesome.

In my family, whenever someone coughs, someone else is quite likely to say, "Stop coughing! Have you no pity for my poor nerves?"

Or if something is merely ok, one of my siblings might say disparagingly, "Tolerable, I suppose."




If someone does something particularly dumb (ahem, not for nothing do I call myself sorta blonde), “For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?”  is often quite apropos.

And, of course, there's always the Mr. Collins wave, sure to make anyone laugh. The more creepy the better!


So don't mind us, we're just gonna keep quoting Pride & Prejudice over here.


Is there a book or movie that your family quotes?