January 27, 2012

Judging Books, Georgette Heyer, Valentines, and Fingernails


  • Ever since having Eleanor I have this strange urge to make crafts. I think the pregnancy hormones did something weird to my brain. But, how cute are these Valentine bookmarks from Martha Stewart? I know that V-Day is kind of a made up holiday...but I might just have to find some dinosaur stickers, stat!
  • I loved the intro in Tuesday's Shelf Awareness on judging a book by its cover. So true that you can't judge covers when everyone's reading on e-readers! 
  • Once again, thanks to Amy for a cool link on the Quirky Bookworm Facebook page! These literary fingernails from Flavorwire are amazing! I really love those Gatsby ones, but the Harry Potter and the Pride and Prejudice are pretty cute too.
  • As I've mentioned many a time, Georgette Heyer is my favorite author...and I'm giving away one of her books. Go leave a comment to enter to win it!
  • Ever want to know what Hamlet might say if you asked him out on a date? You're in luck: Book Riot does Flowchart Fridays...and this week's is Date Night for Literary Men. I might have to make some flowcharts of my own soon!
Is Valentine's Day making you feel crafty? 
Am I the only one who never paints my nails any more?