March 9, 2012

Tucson & the Tucson Festival of Books


I'm posting my weekend links a bit early, because in honor of the TFOB, I'm sharing some Tucson-centric links with you this weekend. In fact, if you're reading this on Saturday, I'm actually at the Tucson Festival Of Books right now! [If you want to read more of my tips about visiting the TFOB, check out the comments on my post from last week.]
  • Jill of Rhapsody in Books also lives in Tucson and this week she reviewed Midnight in Austenland, which, like me, she enjoyed.
  • TucsonTopia is a website devoted to helping you 'find your Tucson paradise', and I'm happy to be a contributing writer there.
  • If you don't live in Tucson you should be sad that you don't have Eegee's. They have the best Italian grinder and french fries in town. This month the Eegee flavor of the month is Lucky Lime!
  • The "cold" day this week is supposed to be 60 degrees. Monday and Tuesday it got up to 86. You're all jealous now...but trust me, in July we'll be jealous of you.
  • But now is the perfect time of year to be a tourist! (The weather is nice...the snowbirds are heading back north...) One of the most famous sites in the Tucson area is San Xavier del Bac, a Catholic mission originally founded by Father Kino in 1692. 



Got any local restaurants that you can't live without? 
What's the big tourist attraction where you are?