April 12, 2012

A Bookworm's Other Interests


I read so much on my getaway weekend last weekend! Thursday night I finished my "homework" --  The Master's Muse by Varley O'Connor, a book I was reviewing for Shelf Awareness. Then Friday I read two whole books from start to finish. I woke up with Enna Burning by Shannon Hale, and spent my afternoon enjoying Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear.

The voracious reading didn't stop there. Saturday morning I read The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, and then on my way home finished my audio book of Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

They were all great books, I'd recommend any of them -- and I enjoyed wallowing in so many books. But then I got home and had piles of laundry and Hulu shows to catch up on...and then I made the dangerous decision to renew my Ancestry.com subscription. (For which I partially blame watching Who Do You Think You Are? on Hulu...and partially the news that the 1940 census was released!)

So um, I've watched a lot of The Voice and Bones and Castle. And I'm pretty sure I found Noel's great-great grandparents. But reading? Not so much.

I think this is good though. Considering I've already finished 49 books in 2012, I'm pretty sure my "bookworm" label isn't going anywhere. And, I like that I have other hobbies. Even bookworms don't want to be one dimensional!

What are your other interests? Do you read on vacation?

P.S. Don't worry -- you'll hear more about my vacation reads soon! Stay tuned...
P.P.S. Yes, we did in fact go into the woods and take "Hunger Games" pictures. We have no shame. And, it was SO FUN!