May 17, 2012

Bookish Schemes and Housekeeping Things


It's been a really productive week around here! I love that feeling when everything just lines up. My whole house is clean, and I've finished multiple posts for my mommy blog, for TucsonTopia, for BCC, and for my main gig here. I'm also already done with all the June curriculum for our church, and I just finished a Shelf Awareness book that didn't need finished till the 25th! In the spirit of this semi-miraculous housecleaning and productivity, I thought I'd share a few details that I've been meaning to tell you.

First, I'm working on a super-secret fun summer project that I'll be revealing on Sunday! I don't want to talk it up too much, because that inevitably leads to "anticipointment" (the term my sisters coined for the feeling you get when you've been eagerly waiting for something and it's not as good as you thought it would be). Since I don't want to anticipoint you, all I'll say is: come back Sunday!

Tudor England handily won the "what should be the next History by Three subject?" debate. Coincidentally, I just read a pretty good Tudor novel for the Shelf. Now all I have to do is find a non-fiction and a kids' book from that era... I thought this one looked really good, but the library wait list is mega-long. I may have to come up with another one.

As for the fictional mom post from earlier this week, I loved all the moms suggested in the comments. Thanks to Benjamin Collinsworth for the Molly Weasley suggestion - I think she's definitely a high contender for best fictional mom! She not only mothered her own seven children, but added Harry Potter and Hermione into the mix without even blinking.

Have you ever made up any good words? 
How is your week going?